Saturday, November 08, 2008

Pumpkin Perfection

There's just something about this crisp time of year that makes me crave all things autumn, especially pumpkin. I haven't always been this way. No, there once was a time that the only way I could gag down a slice of pumpkin pie was to smother it with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Not so anymore. These days I go out of my way to make pumpkin part of every meal -- breakfast and dessert.

What? Were you expecting me to say "breakfast, lunch and dinner?" HA! I actually do have a recipe or two for pumpkin soup and dinner-type pumpkin dishes, but I have yet to try them (I'm scared that I'll hate it and be annoyed that I wasted my time on something so, uh...exotic. Yes, exotic.)

Anyway, back to breakfast and dessert. Here's two of our recent creations. Let's see if you can figure out which one we ate for breakfast and which was the treat.

Okay, so it probably wasn't really too difficult to figure out. But hey, let's be honest, if it's okay to eat cinnamon rolls for breakfast on occasion, shouldn't pumpkin rolls be fair game too? I'm just sayin'...

2 comments:

John and Anna said...

Haylee,
Those look so good! Yum. Makes me want to cook our little colored on pumpkin and make something yummy.
Anna

Haylee said...

Thanks! Not only do they look good; they really are so good too.