We've been on many a "Walmart-date" (walking around Walmart, talking to your neighbors who are also on Walmart dates and looking at items that we don't need or can't afford) and also many home dates (these range from watching a movie, to playing board/card games, making "gourmet" meals and desserts, etc.) We still love to do all of the above, but every once in a while we like to splurge and do a "real" date.
Now that Owen works as a server, he often brings change home from work. We're putting this change to good use in the Date Jar. Once the jar is full, we get to take it to the bank and trade our coins for cash (although I suppose we could just take the jar and pay people in all change...hehe, wouldn't that be funny?!) to go on a HOT date with. We're just about there!
5 comments:
Oh, how fun! I wish I could be there to be my little niece's babysitter!
Oh how I miss the Walmart dates! We can still do that where we are now, but it's not the same. There isn't anyone else doing the same thing! Too much fun! :)
So where's the hot date going to be?!
That sounds like a great idea! If you have any good "poor people" date ideas, I'd love to see them. I'm afraid my creative juices are drained! :)
Gina - we'd love to have you as a babysitter...that's why we're moving there when we're done with school!! I bet you didn't know it was all for your sitter services, did ya? ;)
Heather - Isn't it funny how everyone is dying to get out of Rexburg and then once we do all we do is think about how fun it actually was?!
Lorena - I have no idea yet. There's a fun little ranch about a half hour from here that does a dinner, show and carriage ride around the holidays and I thought that would be fun. Then I saw that it would be $34/person (and that's if we both order the cheapest meal available!) We'll probably be nice and original and go for dinner and a movie. Any ideas?
Carrie - I have a book that I got at Deseret Book years ago called "2002 Things to do on a Date". It has some fun, cheap ideas. Although I'll warn you, some of the ideas are lame. You win some; you lose some. Even with this though, we inevitably resort to the "let's make a treat" or "let's watch a movie (at home)" rut.
Post a Comment