Sunday, November 02, 2008

I Was So Proud

Picking costumes for Halloween this year turned out to be more problematic than I would have liked. Originally, the plan was to go as Ron (Owen) Hermione (me) and Crookshanks - Hermione's cat (Miriam).

A couple weeks ago, we finally accepted the fact that this just wasn't going to happen. We were having slim luck finding costume pieces at the local thrift shops and I've been far too busy to whip anything up. So, we were on to plan B -- creating costumes using things we had at home.

I thought maybe we'd be able to scrounge up some overalls and go as a scarecrow family. No luck there. Then I figured, at least, we sould buy Miriam a costume so she was dressed up for her first Halloween and we'd all just go as unrelated characters. This thought led to this

Bill Gates, watch out! Just kidding. But seriously, I think he plays this part a bit too well.

And of course, what nerd costume would be complete without a "kick me!" sign taped to the back?

We were just going for quick, easy and cheap. Plus, since Owen had to work a server shift Halloween night, having a cool (not the awesome-type, the temperature-type) costume to wear was a nice bonus.

At least we had the cutest ducky ever to tote around. Although, she was none too impressed with the hood.

She tried and tried to get it off by herself, to no avail.

Even after I gave in and helped, she was still mad because I was trying to get her hold still so I could take pictures.

In the end, this was the best I could get. At least it shows off the cute tail.
Oh, and if you're wondering about my costume...I went as myself. Original, I know. It was enough headache to get the other two ready to go, let alone try to figure out something for me to be too. There's always next year! But, as a side note, I now know why my mom sent me out as a witch year after year. I don't blame her one bit!

4 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I LOVE the duck costume! So cute! I can't believe how long Miri's hair is getting. Wow! I love the pictures!

Padilla Fam said...

cute ducky! lol. growing up i always dressed up as a witch!

Gina said...

Oh my goodness...it doesn't take much for my brother to totally look the part. It's actually kinda scary...

McKenzie @ Girl Loves Glam said...

i just started blogging! it is a whole new thing for me! i love these costumes! you have such a cute family.