Friday, April 09, 2010

A Winter Project

My mom is a serious quilter.  Like big time serious.  I have inherited her love of quilting and often this leads to fun mother-daughter projects.  As a Christmas present from Owen's parents I was given a charm pack for a project that my mom was also going to do.  So, after Christmas we got to work.  We got all the cutting and piecing done quickly during a couple of Miriam's naps but still had the quilting and binding to do.  My mom finished quickly since she doesn't have little kids running around her feet anymore.  My project took about a month! 

When I finished I snapped some pictures to blog about, but then I put my little quilt away and I forgot about it.  So, now that I'm back in the game, here's a picture:


Isn't it cute?!  I love it!  It almost makes me wish Christmas were coming soon so I could hang it on my wall.  Almost. 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

you are such a cool mom! Hopscotch and snowman quilts... by the way my sister is obsessed with snowmen as winter decor and she would LOVE that quilt. It is SOOOO adorable!! Very talented stuff. Teach us all.
=)

ashley

Nikki Nichols said...

Haylee.... that is awesome!!! Okay and i saw you got your new stroller... so lets go walking!!!!!!! I am going to AZ on Tuesday morning but will be back on the 20th... lets hope the snow stays away

Alicia said...

Christmas without the winter and I would say YEAH! With winter and I say BOO