Monday, April 05, 2010

One Month

Our little Liesl girl is one month old now.  She is a really good baby with a very mellow personality.  She is a grunter, and rarely cries unless she's really worked up over something.


Four weeks old


One month old and such a beauty


She's a great sleeper already and is well on her way to a very predictable sleep pattern.  Lately, she's been waking up only once or twice at night to nurse and then falls right back to sleep *knock on wood*


One week old


 Almost three weeks -- swaddled like a burrito!


She has started to smile now and I love it!  She's showing early signs of "talking", so I guess I'll have two little girls with the gift of gab.  I think I'll need some ear plugs in a year or two.  ;) 


A sweet half smile


Liesl is growing so quickly!  She is definitely on the tail end of all her newborn-sized clothes.  But if I were really honest, I don't want her to grow up just yet so I've been stretching that size as long as possible.  I suppose it's inevitable so I should just give up.  We know she is at least 10 pounds now but her last accurate measure was 9 pounds 15 ounces on Tuesday, March 30th.
 
 Four weeks old  -- Her legs and waist are now fat enough to fit into the cloth diapers great, although we started putting her in them when she was about two weeks old.  The diapers were just a little big then.


She enjoys being snuggled and held so she spends plenty of time in the wrap.  She loves it in there and I love that I can have my hands free while holding my babe!


This is the awesome wrap sling I made. 


Miriam has done really well with the transition and doesn't seem jealous.  If anything, she loves Liesl too much.  She always wants to hug and kiss "baby Measle" and we are always trying to keep Miriam off the baby so she doesn't smother her. 


She is a beautiful little girl.  We love her so much and feel very blessed to have her in our family.
 
 Two weeks old



2 comments:

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

She really is beautiful! It's amazing how much your girls look alike! I didn't see it at first, but I can see it now! You two make beautiful babies!!

The Cook Clan said...

Soo cute! Wow, your girls look a lot a like!