Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Lousy Weekend Off

When I woke up Thursday morning with a scratchy throat and an enhanced tickle in my nose, I went about life as usual. And although they felt worse than usual, I still blamed it on my allergies. Being allergy season, these things are mostly normal. I figured the farmers had started burning their fields, which really just means that they are adding smoke (yet, another thing that brings about allergies in me) to my hay fever. It's a sign that harvest is nearly over though, so I merrily went on my way hoping I would soon be free and clear of all sniffles...at least until cold season, of course :)

It wasn't until Friday that I caught on to the idea that this was no allergy I was dealing with -- I was sick! And boy, was I ever. I think all did last weekend was sleep and blow my nose. No homework. No housework. Nope! I just lazied around doing nothing. So, I've spent the last three days (today included) playing catch up. I'm just about finished and should be back to my normal routine soon. And, I can happily say that I am fully recuperated.

No comments: