Saturday, September 06, 2008

Forty years ago...

...my amazing parents made the most important decision of their lives.





















I'm so glad they did! I'm even happier that they've stuck with it for forty years, even if/when it wasn't easy (I had nothing to do with making it harder -- okay, so maybe I did). My parents are living proof that even in these crazy times where divorce is rampant and the very foundations of marriage are crumbling, success is possible! People still get married and grow old together (even though my parents are NOT old yet -- nor will they ever act old).

Aren't they cute?!






















Missionary Photo


Look at the impact this choice has made!! Six kids - Five married (all in the temple) - Ten grandkids (and two on the way - Tara is due in October and Alicia in March...yay for babies!) I couldn't ask for better!

















This is the most current family picture and was outdated six days after it was taken -- so, no, I'm not just really fat here...I was 40 1/2 weeks pregnant

4 comments:

callingallinglets said...

Ok, I am confused Haylee. Is Adam married? I don't remember getting a wedding invitation and I didn't know he had got married. When did this happen. The last time I talked to anyone, he was living in Las Vegas.

Nice tribute to your parents. I met your mom when she was pregnant with Heidi. Then they moved into their house on Douglas. Isn't that wierd.
Your blog is wonderful and I should come up and meet Miriam. I am sure she can sing like her mom.
Are you doing your student teaching? Good luck. Roberta Inglet

Haylee said...

Yes, Adam lives in Las Vegas and no, he isn't married. He's the only one left. :)

roberta said...

So Haylee, who is the girl by Adam. I don't recognize her? Just wondering. I love the website and are you doing your student teaching this semester? See ya and good luck. Roberta

Haylee said...

That is Adam's girlfriend, Eileen. She's pretty much family. We like her a lot...now if we could just get him to marry her.

I student teach during winter semester.