Monday, December 26, 2011

Science Center Visit

The local natural science center discounts their annual family passes in December so I figured I'd better get myself in gear and go get one before December ran out.  Owen had the day off and we wanted him to come so today was our day.  We had a fun visit despite the lack of pictures.  But there was this humongous, no-fear turkey wandering around the outdoor exhibits and I just couldn't pass up the photo-op.


Check him out!!  He's like half as tall as Miriam and more than twice as wide.  He's a BIG bird!


He followed us around for a while and would let people walk right up to him.  As soon as someone reached out to touch him, though, he backed away.

1 comment:

cself said...

Love the turkey! We had a turkey growing up and he was just that big!! He wasn't intended to be eaten, however a coyote got him and he broke his leg. We ended up eating him, because how can you let that much meat go to waste... cut in half he was overflowing out of a hotel pan... bid bird!