1. My Visiting Teacher - I have the best visiting teacher. I have been lucky enough to have an awesome teacher for the past 3 or 4 years (not all the same person even) and I love it. I love having someone who not only wants to come see me and genuinely cares how I'm doing but who talks to me frequently because I am a friend and not just a check on her to-do list.
2. Having Owen Home for Lunch - He doesn't always get to come home for lunch and lately he's been so busy at work that he is at work for lunch more days than he is home, but he was home today.
3. Good News - This one is technically from yesterday, but I got some really good news that still has me smiling today. I love getting good news, especially news that you've been hoping and praying and waiting for. Too bad I can't tell you what it is, huh?
4. Shindigs with Family - My niece, Linlee, turned one on Saturday so we got together with family to celebrate tonight and eat cake.
| ice cream - yum |
| white chocolate bunny ear - yum |
5. A Nap - Both girls woke up at 5:30 because Liesl had pooped (which never happens in the middle of the night) and she was screaming...which is why Miriam was up too. After getting the problem solved, I got them both back to sleep, but I couldn't. So, by 10:30 when I was dragging, I knew I would need a nap. My sweet Miriam agreed to let me if I would let her watch TV.
6. Leftovers for Lunch - I love when lunchtime rolls around and I have leftovers all ready for me to eat. It makes lunch so fast and easy. I just make the girls sandwiches or quesadillas or something else fast and easy and I get to eat my leftovers.
7. Menu Planning - I actually don't mind menu planning like a lot of other people seem to, but that might be because I like to cook and I have a really large repertoire to work from. So, today, I knew exactly what I was making and had all my ingredients ready and it made dinner prep easy and fast. I'm not a fan of not knowing what to make for dinner or not having all the ingredients for something I want to make. I like when I feel organized and my life runs smoothly and it did today.
8. Early Mornings - As tired as I was from being awake earlier than usual, I was able to get showered and ready for the day before my kids woke up and that always makes my day go better.
9. A Clean Kitchen - I wish I could say my kitchen was clean all the time, but Owen and I have a tendency to go in waves. Sometimes it is really clean and sometimes it is really messy, not ever in between though. Having a tight kitchen seems to amplify this. With only 3 or 4 feet of total counter space, it is easy to have them all covered and then the kitchen looks like a disaster. The blessing of this, though, is that even when the kitchen looks like a bomb went off, it usually only takes an hour or less to have everything spotless again (including the floor). And today it is clean already, so it should take about 10 minutes to clean up dinner.
10. Watching Miriam and Liesl Together - My girls really are best friends and like all best friends they have their moments where they fight and don't get along, but most of the time they are really sweet together. I love to watch them play and read and pretend together.
2 comments:
you're pregnant, right? you bought a house?
ok ok I'll stop guessing your good news, and wait to hear it like everybody else.
first, I also love a clean kitchen. It seems like if I can go in and eat clean food, the rest of the house doesn't matter to me. You are very clean, so I'm sure it hardly looks like a bomb goes off, unless you are cooking something unbelievable delicious.
Also, aren't siblings the best? I don't know what Parker would do without Colette. I don't know what I would do without Colette to keep Parker busy sometimes! =) It really is a blessing to have two to play together.
I know, I know... at least I'm pretty sure I know :) Love the video, Tyler had to watch it a few times. LOL! Can I just say, not having a computer for two weeks has really thrown me off, but I am completely enjoying the updates!!!!
Post a Comment