10 Living People You are Grateful for:
1. Owen - There really are no words for this so I will just sum it up by saying he is absolutely perfect for me in every way. I am a lucky girl to have him!
2. My Children - I love being a mom. I love that I get to be with my kids full-time and that we can play and learn and love altogether all the time. It's hard sometimes but so rewarding and I love that I can see life through their curious eyes and that they teach me so much about how I really should be.
| My cute girls playing in their "cars" while we were unpacking. |
3. My Parents - I have the best. parents. ever. Seriously. My dad is amazing. My mom is amazing. Anyone who knows them, knows this.
4. Sisters - I have lots of sisters. Two I grew up with and a whole bunch of sisters-in-law. I love them all.
5. Owen's Parents - I am so grateful for good in-laws who raised a good, strong man for me to marry. I'm also grateful that they love me and my children.
6. Carrien - Best. Friend. Ever. Carrien is the perfect friend for me. She drags my behind out of bed so I can go on big long walks and work the cookies off that we ate while crafting the night before. She even drags me to the gym in the evening so we can really work off the fat. Plus, she's funny and crafty and a good cook/baker and gorgeous. She's kind and always watching out for everyone else. There's just a lot of great things about her. Of course, I went and left her all freezing cold in Rexburg so now we just get to text and chat on the phone. It's not nearly as fun but I am still so grateful to have met her and become friends with her.
| Carrien and I the day before we left Idaho. Lots and lots of tears that day. |
7. Rachel - The other best friend in my life. Rachel and I have known one another since we were 7 and been friends almost as long. That's close to 20 years! That's a long time for someone who's only 25. She was my next door neighbor for 5 years and ever since we were 12 we have had a long-distance relationship. So, although we don't see each other much now, we are still great friends and can pick up right where we left off last time we talked.
8. Young Women's Leaders - Young Women's feels like a really long time ago, but I often think back on my amazing leaders and how influential they were to me. Becky (Sister Goodwin) and Jodi (Sister Parker) were my favorites and boy, oh boy, did they have a tough job being my leaders. I was not an easy teenager to deal with, but they loved me despite my strong personality and helped me develop part of who I am to day.
9. First Presidency & General Authorities - I am so grateful to live in a time when Prophets are on the earth again to lead and guide us. I really love listening to and reading their words. They always say just the right things at just the right time for me. It's just another testament to me that Heavenly Father is aware of me personally and that He speaks through His Prophets.
10. Jesus Christ - I have a hard time putting my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ, into words. I owe Him everything and I will never even come close, yet He loves me anyway. He has provided me not only the opportunity to repent and always try to become better, but hope and strength through trials and the chance to be with my family forever. So, any profession of gratitude will never be enough, but I will continue to say it anyway.
2 comments:
Yay! I made your blog! I feel special. Love you!
catching up on your blog is going to take a lot of my computer time! lol :) Miss you bunches friend!
Post a Comment