Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a whole weekend full of parties between both sides of Owen's family and some present run-over into Monday.  I'm worn-out from all of it, but will hopefully be recovered well enough by Saturday for Miriam's birthday/New Year's Eve.  But, before all that excitement happens, here's pictures from our little family's Christmas morning.

Santa came.


Miriam was so excited about that.  I think this is the first year she really experienced all the anticipation of Christmas and seeing that Santa really did come after all the waiting and waiting was just magic to her.  I love Christmas with little ones!!  They make it so fun.

We started the "German" Pickle Tradition this year (apparently it's widely debated where this tradition actually came from -- I don't care, I think it's fun and we are doing it).  My family had a pickle ornament growing up but the tradition never really stuck.  I'm determined to have it for our family, so I made a special money star as the prize for finding the pickle.


I knew Miriam would really be the only child looking for it this year, but I'm ok with that too.  She had fun searching for it without competition from siblings.


She found it!


Then we checked out our stockings.



Then Miriam learned the art of present sorting.


We let the girls take turns opening their presents and then Owen and I opened ours while they sat and played with all their new things.

Miriam got lots of games and a new baby doll that looks like her.


Liesl also got a baby doll and the rest of the accessories to their dollhouse.


Santa brought a fun little slide that folds up for easy storage.  Although it's been out and being used regularly since Christmas so we will see how often it is put away.



Santa also brought the girls a little kitchen/doctor's office/nursery set.  It's also been a hit since Christmas.


I got some new books, a paper trimmer (woohoo to not cutting paper with an exacto and quilting rulers anymore!), a new watch (since mine recently broke) a gorgeous framed copy of The Family: A Proclamation to the World from my sister, some sewing patterns and a big pillow.  I'm a lucky girl.


Owen got a bunch of movies, a few books, a survival knife, a tool box and a blu-ray player.


We were all so blessed this Christmas!

1 comment:

cself said...

LOVE Liesl's expression in the pic with the candy, priceless! Oh, and your hair looks good, it's really growing quickly :)