Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Recommendation

I have a secret to admit.  I have a blog crush.  I promise to tell you all about her in a minute, but first, I have to tell you that I just don't read most blogs.  With the exception of a couple friends and family members, I actually only scroll through the pictures of the blogs I "read".  If something sparks my interest, I might skim it quickly, but even that's a rarity.

But there is one blog of someone I don't know, somewhere out there in the world (I'm pretty sure she's from the midwest based on her better-than-Idaho-but-not-as-nice-as-North-Carolina-weather) that I read every day religiously.  Just the one.  And honestly, I love everything she writes.  Everything.  She writes from the heart and every post has something interesting to me.  I've read her blog for nearly three years and even her everyday family life has become a story I enjoy following.  Perhaps it's because I share so many viewpoints in common with her or just because it's nice to have a more experienced mother with ideals I share to learn from.

So, who is she?  Her name is Sarah and she blogs here at Clover Lane.  She is a Catholic stay-at-home-mom of five, four boys and one girl.  Her kids range from a senior in high school all the way down to Miriam's age.

She writes about all sorts of life things.  Her life as a mom, mostly, but other things too sometimes.  She really is one smart lady and has a lot of life's lessons figured out.  I try to take her learned-the-hard-way-lessons and make them my own before I, too, learn the hard way, but sometimes I fail.  She writes about that too.  She writes about life and family and motherhood and birth and loss and pressures and guilt-trips we mothers go through on this journey of mothering.  And then everything in between.  Go check her out!  Start with her Popular Posts list on the side and then go read everything else.  Everything.  I promise you won't regret it.

No comments: