Friday, October 24, 2008

I'm Still Here

I'm not dead. I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. I'm just busy.

Have you missed me?

Yes? Good, I've missed you too!

No?! Shame on you!

This semester has proven to be a bigger trial and hurdle than expected. I knew going into it that it would be rough, but didn't plan on hating every second of it. Yes, every second. Okay, well, maybe not every second, but pretty close.

I'm beginning to feel like the blue collar worker with one thing in mind...Friday. Except when my weekend rolls around I don't get to play. Usually I have a mound of homework that I'm behind on to do. And I'm behind on it not because I didn't have time to do it (although this is part of the problem too) but because I have NO MOTIVATION to do it.

I just want to be finished. Done. Graduated. I fear I've been taken over by senioritis. And it's affecting my grades...and not in a good way.

I am beginning to see why my former roommate (a senior at the time) used to always say, "C's get degrees." I used to think this was flawed thinking, but I'm right there with her now!

I have to keep reminding the perfectionist angel on my right shoulder that I have other priorities and far too much to accomplish to go above and beyond on every assignment. But then I find myself battling the apathetic demon on my left shoulder. Isn't there a middle ground?! And why am I having such a hard time finding it? Probably because it's not my personality to do less than 150% in everything, so I'd just assume not do it at all. Hmm...quite the dilemma...

In other news, I have a stack of things to post about. Much has happened around here, especially with Miriam. I miss blogging (and the rest of my life in general).

So, for those of you who've been wondering how I am...I'm hanging in there! Will you help brighten my day?

2 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Love you Haylee! You can do it!! It will all be over before you know it. I promise!

Gina said...

Keep chugging! I can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks from now!!!