Typically, she talks to her teddy bear for a couple minutes and rolls around a little, then falls asleep. Occasionally, she decides she doesn't need a nap and plays in her crib for an hour until I break down and accept the fact that she's skipping a nap.
Yesterday was one of those "occasionally" days that she didn't want to take a nap. She threw no fuss, she just quietly played in her room. That is, until I heard a cry of a baby in distress. I went in to be sure she was fine and look what I found.
Sure enough, she was "in distress". Stuck in the crib bars. Why? You see, she was trying to pull herself to a standing position (her new favorite thing to do) but got the footing wrong. Straight through the bars she went and out came the screams. And, like all good parents, rather than rushing to rescue her, we took pictures! (I even made her wait while Owen grabbed the camera)
Once we got in there though, she seemed pretty pleased with her work and laughed and smiled. So, I doubt she learned her lesson...maybe next time.
2 comments:
Have you been snowed in? frozen to death? Are you actually still kicking or has BYU-I taken you over?
No, I'm not dead...yet. School is definitely taking over my life and running me ragged though. I have MANY things to blog about, so thanks for the kick in the behind, Gina! It may be what I need to prioritize my blogging a little better. :)
Post a Comment