We currently have a laundry crisis taking place at our house. Now, just to clarify, I do not use crisis flippantly like our fearless government leaders who have convinced many that a trillion dollar bail-out was necessary because we are in crisis. Nope, this is the real deal.
I currently have 10+ loads of laundry that need to be done. I understand that you may be thinking "Haylee, get off your big, lazy behind and just get it done!" and I assure you, I'd love to. Really.
I actually quite enjoy doing laundry (Bathrooms too...It's an illness, I'm sure. Dishes, not so much. Anyone up for a trade? Hmm...back to the point). Laundry. The separating, switching, folding, etc. all make me very happy. I even enjoy ironing and putting it all away. So, why hasn't it been done already? I'm sure you've already caught on, but just in case you really need it spelled out...our washer is broken. That's right...broken.
broken \ˈbrō-kən\
to become inoperative because of damage, wear, or strain
It has been now for two weeks....TWO WEEKS, YOU HEAR?!!
Once we realized that something was seriously wrong we called a repairman (Oh, and by the way, the fiasco began with the first load I had started for the week...and I still had at least three to go!) He didn't actually come to inspect the damage for another four days and came just to tell us that the whole problem was a broken spring. He had to order the part and it would be four to five days...if the part was in stock!!! It's now been seven business days, plus two weekends making a grand total of eleven days since he came!
We've already been to the laundromat once and spent $12 on four loads that received a mediocre wash while I sat convinced I was going to leave with some sort of dangerous communicable disease. I doubt we'll do that again.
And I've been making do with disposable diapers. Gasp!! I can now reiterate my absolute loathing of disposable diapers. They stink. They leak. They take longer to put on. They stink. They swish when Miriam walks. They literally make me throw my money away. They stink. They leave Miriam with a diaper rash. They have to be changed at least twice as often as our bumGenius diapers (or else they leak and cause rash...not to mention the lovely little gels they leave all over her little bum). And, they stink!
But for now...we wait...and I may break down and call a neighbor and beg them to let us borrow their washer before I lose the last ounce of sanity left in me.
*Oh, and for those of you unfamiliar with FlyLady, Mount Washmore is one of the laundry references she frequently uses when discussing the Laundry Quandry.
No comments:
Post a Comment