Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

We have had a joyous Easter weekend filled with an egg hunt, delicious Easter dinner (ham, cheesy potatoes, asparagus, deviled eggs, and rolls...yum), homemade chocolate covered marshmallow eggs (tradition!), a spirit-filled Sabbath day and a beautiful, Earthly reminder of our Savior (see pictures below).

But, without further ado, a play-by-play of the egg hunt:

At first Miriam was just excited to run around in the grass but she quickly discovered the brightly colored treasures and started gathering them.
She inspected the eggs. Outside...
...and in.
She didn't want to put the eggs in the basket, but we're bigger than she is and we wanted her to move on and pick up the rest, so we convinced her otherwise.
She was a happy girl toddling through the grass.
And when she was finished, she led us all inside.

The next two pictures show the beautiful full arch, double rainbow (although the second rainbow is quite difficult to see) that came after last night's rain storm. I felt they were appropriate for Easter because rainbows always remind me of the Savior's Atonement and Resurrection.

What a miraculous and important event that was from history! It completely changed the world and my knowledge and testimony of it has changed my life. I love the newness that rainbows represent after a good rain and this is the feeling the Atonement and Resurrection can bring each of our lives as well. I am so grateful for this knowledge and for a loving Heavenly Father and Savior to provide this healing power and strength for me.


When I am Baptized - LDS Children's Songbook, page 103

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.

1 comment:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Miriam is so big!! I'm excited to be able to read more blogs from you :) Happy Easter!!