Tuesday, April 14, 2009

18 Days and Counting....

Bruce (the washer repairman) came today. Bad news. Had to order another part. Cause and effect. The barrel of the washer is suspended by two springs, when one breaks the other usually stretches. Not the problem...this was already anticipated and he ordered new springs to replace both. The problem...when the spring broke, the barrel landed on, and broke, "the boot" (Layman's terms: something to do with lots of water/hose connections. Still confused? If we were to run the washer with this part still broken, it would likely flood the entire laundry room... and if we were really lucky, the rest of the house too).

I'm just thrilled!! Can't you tell?! *read with deeply entrenched sarcasm*

You want to know the worst part? I actually thought it was going to be fixed today. Honestly and truly, I did! I had everything separated out. My list was ready to go. First, diapers (because I'm desperate for these...see previous laundry post for 'sposie diaper rant). Then whites, mediums, darks. Rinse and repeat (because we have that much stacked up). Then, depending on how exuberant I was feeling after tackling seven loads of laundry, I'd move on to towels, towels and more towels (Did I mention I had two loads waiting to be washed when the whole fiasco started? Good thing my parents have linen closets stacked full, cause there is no way I'm going back to the laundromat to wash towels there. In the meantime, we'll just keep swapping out news ones and eventually --sometime in the next year at this rate-- they'll all be clean again. But I digress...) Oh, sheets too. Luckily, I had those cleaned and stacked neatly in the linen closets too.

Wait? That was so long I forgot what I was talking about....Oh, right! My list. I was ready to go, and then the news came. At first, he said he would be able to tape it up and we'd at least be able to wash some loads. So, I figured I'd cut back the list to only the necessities...diapers...then a load or two of clothes.

Nope. Shot down there too. No diapers. No whites. No nothin'! Taping would work. So, here I sit instead, dreaming of laundry heaven (think neatly folded stacks of laundry, crisply ironed shirts hung with their respective colors, drawers full of socks, etc.) while I sit in laundry hell (no explanation needed). I have a feeling it's going to be a long four (to five) days...pray that it's four....please!

2 comments:

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, are you serious? That is a bummer! Good luck!!!

Alicia said...

Just cut your losses and go to the laundromat again. You'll be happier.