One thing that I'm in no hurry to end is nursing. Miriam's teeth started coming in when she was just five month old and since then people have suddenly become interested in my breastfeeding choices. So, I'll answer some of the questions/rumors that have come our way concerning this topic.
- I am still nursing Miriam
- She has eight teeth
- She does NOT bite me...but she has. She's tried it a handful of times. At first I tried flicking her mouth. She bit again. Corporal punishment obviously doesn't work on her (which is fine with me because I really hate physical force being used as a form of
coerciondiscipline). My next plan of action was actually my original plan -- end the meal. Any time she bit me I'd say, "Hmm...I guess you're not hungry." Whether or not she was actually full, she understood the message and caught on quickly. - I hope to continue nursing Miriam until she's between 18 and 24 months old.
2 comments:
Good advice! I've been wondering what I will do when Maddi starts biting...she still doesn't have any teeth though. I plan on nursing for a while too. Why not?
I nursed Andrew until he was 21 months and Ryan until he was 18 months. (I had to stop both times then because I hit my second trimester and had no more milk). I am all for long term nursing. I found the end the meal tactic to work beautifully for both of them.
Post a Comment