I'm not sure what it is this year, but I am just not in the mood for Christmas, at all. I've been listening to the carols and I'm enjoying that. Also, I've had a tender mercy or two as I've read stories in the December Ensign.
I usually love this time of the year and all that comes along with it but I am feeling rather curmudgeonly this time around. Maybe I'm feeling homesick for my parents who are far away in Africa. I might just be emotionally drained from a long and irksome semester. It's possible I'm dreading the all-day flight to North Carolina just to be followed by a two and a half week break of routine, just to do it all over again and immediately jump into student teaching (which I'm also dreading...BIG TIME). The problem could be a combination of things or there may be something that's got me in the dumps that I've not even considered.
Either way, I don't even have the Christmas tree up yet (and with one week left at home, I'm past planning on it anyhow). There's even a summer wreath on the front door still...sad. My inner-Scrooge is completely defeating the Martha in me and I don't like it one bit.
1 comment:
Wow you have a lot on your shoulders, I can completely understand why you are stressed! You will just have to let all of us pamper you when you get out here to good old NC. That way the long flight will be well worth it! :) We flew to your wedding when Andrew was this age, and he was delightful and everyone on the plane loved him. We set him up with Chad's PSP and his own earphones and he watched Signing Time most of the way there and back. (Find a friend with a hand held movie player, it will save your life)!
Feel free to e-mail me/call me in the middle of all the Student Teaching stuff. I hope you have a great mentor and a happy experience.
Post a Comment