On December 10th at o'dark thirty, Owen and I rudely woke up our sleeping babies so we could make a treacherous drive to Utah for Owen to take the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED - aka hippie) exam. So few tests were offered in Pocatello that we decided we would just take a quick trip as a family to Salt Lake City rather than wait till the next semester for an open spot. Luckily, after an hour of scary driving, we were blessed with dry roads for the rest of the trip.
We got to the University of Utah about two hours before he was scheduled to take his test and not knowing that they would have let him take it early we played around Salt Lake City for a little while. Nothing fun enough that we thought to take pictures, of course, but entertaining enough to kill some time. Drive through pretty, historic neighborhoods. Walmart. Find a McDonald's with a play place. Then back to the U so Owen could take th test. He had two hours alloted but only needed an hour. I took the girls to McDonald's for lunch and let Miriam run around to get some energy out. While we waited, I got the call; Owen was finished and he.....PASSED! Woohoo! I knew he would. He hoped he would. It was an expensive exam (not to mention, nerve wracking) so we are both grateful he doesn't have to do it again. And now I can pick on him for being a hippie too!
No comments:
Post a Comment