Holy cow, kid! I can't believe you've been here with us for three years already! It seems like just yesterday you came and flipped my world upside down. And while I feel like I'm pretty well used to motherhood, you still seem to flip my world upside down on a regular basis.
You are my guinea pig child. I make lots of mistakes as your mother and I'm trying my best to learn from them so I can be the best mom for you. You are an amazing little girl. I feel so lucky to be your mom. So lucky your little spirit came to our home.
You are very bright. Your dad and I worry that you are already smarter than we are. Sometimes we don't know what to do with you! We'll keep trying to figure it out though and in the meantime you'll keep trying to outsmart us. That's just who you are! And you'll talk our ears off while you do it.
I love your sweet singing voice. You have always picked up on melodies and rhythms very quickly. I can usually sing a song once or twice and you will already be mimicking me. You know more songs than I can count, and now that you are getting a little older you even make up your own. You have started to get a little shy when I notice you singing and especially if someone other than mom and dad is around. I hope you'll always sing for me, though. I love to hear you sing!
I love watching your imagination work while you play. It is especially evident when you are playing with people or animal toys. You could have endless conversations with those toys. Maybe I like it because it saves my ears some. Sometimes I get to hear what mom and dad sound like to you. I don't always love that truth. Really, though, it is just fun to see what you come up with.
I love watching you be loving and kind with Liesl. You have grown up a lot in the last year. Some because you're just growing up and some because you are now a big sister. Sometimes you fight and make mischief with and against each other, but at the end of the day you always want to give her hugs and kisses before bedtime. She loves you a lot.
I love when you help me in the kitchen. Mom and dad love to cook and you seem to be following in our footsteps. You help pour ingredients in and then mix them up. You even beat eggs just like we do too, breaking each yolk first and then whipping it altogether.
You have a creative little mind and I can't wait to see what the rest of your life holds. I love you, beautiful!
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment