Sunday, December 12, 2010

Liesl's First Haircut

I gave Miriam her first haircut when she was eight months old.  Her hair was stick straight and it was super scraggly looking.  I waited a little longer with Liesl because her cute curls masked some of the scraggliness.  Even so, I decided that nine months was long enough to wait and that her hair needed some evening up.  

So, after her bath that's just what I did!  I sat her on the closed toilet lid and gave her a few distractions.

I combed and prepped.

Then snipped.  Yikes!


Too late to go back now!

It was a couple inches.  Probably everything she had at birth.

Phew!  It's always nerve wracking to cut a wiggly baby's hair (for me, at least).  But I'm happy I did it.  I think it looks much better.  



4 comments:

Nikki Nichols said...

Awww...look at her big eyes! I am so jealous that she had enough hair for you to cut!!!! I want to see it all dried :)

Ashley said...

it's sad to see those big curls go! But, she is SUPER cute no matter what. I love those cheeks! I hope all is well at the uv.

Alicia said...

Oh my word that baby is adorable. Can I pinch her through cyberspace? Wow. And I am so jealous of all that hair. It took Melynn almost two years to grow that much and it still isn't as thick as Liesl's. Very cute baby.

The Riries said...

Wow, what a cutie! Good job!