Saturday, May 08, 2010

Just Slap a Big 'Q' on Our Door and Run Away as Fast as You Can!

quar·an·tine: (noun) a state of enforced isolation

Supposedly, the BYU-Idaho dorms have a system of punishment known as quarantine where a 'Q' is placed on the door of "naughty" dorm tenants (ie. breaking curfew).  Then, for the next week, no one is allowed to visit said apartment.  I can't exactly verify this, as I never lived in the dorms so this information is all hearsay, of course.  So, whether or not it's entirely true, I've always thought it was a funny spin on the more traditional quarantine of ill people.

But in any case, we could really use a 'Q' on our door right now.  I've been sick for a week and a half now!  It all started with a cold that I generously shared with my girls.  I've also got a double ear infection and came down with a stomach bug last night.  Luckily, Owen has been spared thus far and I hope it stays that way.  Who else will take care of everything if he gets sick too?!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

How did this happen? We are Q'ed as well. It started late last night and it wasn't pretty. All the usual stomach flu soils. =) {tmi} Good luck and feel better. Let me know if there's anything I can call someone else to do. =) {you don't want help from our sick crew, I'm sure} =)