Sunday, May 09, 2010

Blessing Day


Dear Liesl,

You are a very lucky little girl.  You have a righteous Priesthood holder as your daddy and he gave you a very sweet blessing last Sunday, May 2, 2010.  In your blessing circle were other special Priesthood holders in your life: Grandpa, Grampy, Uncle Kurt, Uncle Jeremy and Bishop Arnold.  Many family and friends came to celebrate the day with you.  Grammy and Grampy even came all the way from North Carolina and Aunt Alicia, Emmett and Melynn came from Nebraska.  In fact, there were so many people we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house for your blessing "luncheon" (that was really held at dinnertime because we have the late church block) since we live in an itty bitty apartment right now.  There were 23 people altogether!!  Grandma, Grandpa, Grammy, Grampy, Aunt Heidi, Amber, (Brianna was sick so she and Uncle Kelly stayed home) Uncle Kurt, Aunt Suzette, Kayleigh, Megan, Tyson, Uncle Jeremy, Aunt Tara, Dylan, Ethan, Cassie, Katie, Aunt Alicia, Emmett, Melynn (Uncle Josh was busy with medical school rotations) plus Mom, Dad and Miriam, of course.  It was a very exciting day and I am so happy you came to our family so we could all share it with you.  I love you, sweet girl.

Love,
Mom



Since blessing days always seem to get a little hectic, I didn't get a chance to get pictures of Liesl in her blessing dress that day.  I actually forgot my camera entirely, but luckily my sister came to my rescue and took a bunch for me, so here are a few of those.





And here are a few from today.  Since we were all home sick from church, I decided to catch a few pictures of her all dressed up again.


2 comments:

Christina said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! Hope you're feeling better soon. It is no fun to be sick!

Kellie Henry said...

She is absolutely beautiful!! How precious does she look!!!