Thursday, October 08, 2009

Surprise!

So, I mentioned we've been busy. Between chasing Miriam, working on a mountain of projects and keeping up with general housework, this is what I've been doing...




Growing a baby, of course! It's been exhausting this time around. I don't remember being this tired when I was pregnant with Miriam. I probably wasn't! I didn't have her to keep me so busy then!

Similar to last time though, I've spent my fair share worshiping our porcelain throne. I feel I handled the sickness better this time, but it was really hard to be so sick all the time while trying to take care of a toddler. I try to avoid taking most medications while pregnant (and in general really), but next time around I may cave and get a prescription. It's hard to take 10 weeks to be mostly nonfunctional when I've got other people to take care of. Lucky for me, Owen is amazing and stepped in to pick up my slack. We made it through the tough part though and now we're to the fun!

I'm halfway there, which means we even know the gender...



We are so excited to have another girl in our home!!

So now you know the truth behind my blogging absence. My sleep has just been a much higher priority. But now that I'm feeling worlds better, settled and organized in our apartment and like we've got a nice routine going, I plan to blog much more frequently!

6 comments:

Michael and Lyndsey said...

Wonderful! I was curious on what you were up to. Congrats!

The Riries said...

Oh my goodness, CONGRATULATIONS! Yay!

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

AH! I KNEW IT! Congratulations!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys. Another girl...How fun!!

The Cook Clan said...

That is so exciting! I read that on facebook, but I'm so excited for you guys! I don't think I can handle 5 1/2 months of puking again. I think my next go around, I'll get some meds.

Elise said...

Yay! Sorry about being sick and is even harder because you still have other responsibilities. Good luck hope you start to feel better soon. I did the meds but it didn't help me too much ( I couldn't keep them down). Congratulations!!!