Sunday, October 18, 2009

Homemade Jammies

I'm not sure about all the other moms out there, but I have this little thing about most store-bought pajamas. They are pricey and usually cheap quality. And a lot of them have characters* on them (another little thing for another day).

I have looked and looked for decent quality second-hand pajamas in Miriam's size with very little luck (probably the cheap quality playing in here). So, about six months ago, I decided I was sick of buying them because I felt like I was wasting our already small budget on something that wouldn't last as long as I need them to. So I added "make homemade pjs" to my craft to-do list. It stayed there until my mom came home from Nigeria and kicked me into gear. And by kicked me into gear, I really mean that she did all of the work. :) Thanks, Mom! For the record, though, I did cut fabric and sewed a couple of cuffs.

The morning that we planned to go fabric shopping, my Mom had the brilliant idea of checking her boxes and boxes and boxes of fabric first. Good thing we did! We found enough for three pairs of pajamas: two of the jumpsuit style and a shirt and pants set.

The jumpsuits are both finished and I plan to make the other all on my own. They turned out super cute and will hopefully last a good long while.



*Oh, and I do realize they are Hello Kitty pajamas. Hey, the fabric was basically free! At least it's not Dora or a Disney princess; I probably wouldn't have used it then, free or not! A girl's gotta have standards, ya know. But Hello Kitty isn't so bad, so I'm okay with it.

2 comments:

Michael and Lyndsey said...

I love them. What a cute idea...nice and warm for the Burg!

Kayla said...

Hey Haylee!!

Cute pajamas! And congrats so much (again) on your new baby...

And speaking of new babies, one time while we were at your place you mentioned a must-read for pregnancy- do you remember what that book was called?
Thanks, Kayla