Once upon a time there was a ten (almost eleven) year old little girl.

One day she heard a song on the radio. It was upbeat, catchy and suffice it to say...she was instantly hooked and reeled in. Not long after this she was at the mall with some friends and saw a poster of the musicians who wrote and performed said song. To be honest, though the band really consisted of three brothers, they looked like unattractive teenage girls.
But that's not what this little girl saw. Oh, no! This boy-crazy little girl was star struck. Her particular crush was for the little one (Zac) and boy did she have it bad. From then on there was no stopping her. CDs, posters, videos, books, posters, clothing, hours and hours of MMMBoppity goodness and did I mention posters? (Oh how I wish this girl's mother had taken a photo of all the posters. The little girl had them on the walls of her bedroom...every wall, even in the closet...on the ceiling, in her locker, and on any other hard surface that pictures could be attached to. She was a bit obsessed.) Well, time went on. The band's popularity waned and the pecking comments and teasing became too much for the little girl. So, the posters came down and the paraphernalia was tucked safely away into a box where it still rests to this day. And although on the outside it may have seemed that the little girl had moved on the love of this unforgettable music remained.
Over the years, the little girl remained faithful to "her" band. She's never attended a live concert, doesn't own all their albums and isn't a member of their official fan club. (Only because these things all cost money that she doesn't have -- but if somebody were to give them to me ...I mean, her, I'm sure she'd gladly accept. *wink, wink*) She still loves their music, enjoys hearing what they are up to these days and gets giddy anytime she hears MMMBop. In fact, as the band's sound and songwriting abilities have matured, she's become even more fond of their music than eleven good ol' years ago. And, wouldn't you know...she's even converted her husband (although he's not a Fanson -- this term is strictly reserved for those certain fans who've been around since the beginning).
So, have a listen. Who knows, you might even like some of it. Oh, and they don't look like girls anymore.




3 comments:
Wow. That took me back. I remember being in the mall with you and Amy Jo after I got home from the summer.
Don't worry, I still listen to their Christmas cd everytime it rolls around :)
You crack me up! Too funny.
HAHAHAHA! Oh my gosh, I remember that! Ahhh, memories. Yes, they look much better now!
Post a Comment