Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bursting at the Seams

Seriously, that's how I feel! I'm pretty sure there's NO MORE ROOM for this baby in me. And so, since I'm out of space, hopefully this baby will soon be out of me! That means it's prediction time!!

When will this little girl be here?!! How long will this labor go? What will she weigh? How long will she be? That's what I want you to tell me!

And to help with your decision, here's a little background information from Miriam's pregnancy/labor/birth:

Born 8 days after her estimated due date
7 hour labor - start to finish (No Braxton Hicks contractions or anything prior to the start of labor)
6 lbs. 15 oz.
20 1/2 inches long

When I first found out when I was due, I guessed the baby would come March 5th. Now I'm not so sure. I've been having VERY inconsistent contractions* since Thursday and that has given me a glimmer of hope that things might happen sooner than Friday, but I could be setting myself up for disappointment. And really, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that after three days of contractions (even inconsistent ones) I'm already a little disappointed. So, I'm sticking with the 5th and will gladly admit I was wrong if she comes sooner...later, not so much...I'll be pretty ticked, but I guess I'll still be wrong

As for labor, I'm expecting it to be shorter than Miriam's (since that is typical) knowing that it could be much longer (since I am not typically typical). Maybe 5 hours? Who knows?! I really don't have a feeling one way or another on this one.

Weight: 7 lbs. 3 oz.
Length: 20 inches

Owen's guess was always March 3rd. He's unsure now too, but he's sticking with it. He'd love for it to be earlier though, so I think he'd gladly admit to being wrong like I would.

5 hours of labor.

Weight: 6 lbs. 10 oz.
Length: 21 1/4 inches

It's your turn now!!! What do you think? Really, I wanna know!


Oh, and since I've kept this part pretty quiet. My estimated due date is March 1st. Yes, that's tomorrow! (or today, or yesterday, etc....depending when you read this)

*For those who are unsure about what I mean by inconsistent contractions, sometimes they are light and sometimes quite strong, more often light, though. They have come and gone since Thursday evening and have been as close as 5 minutes apart for a few hours. They were still light then though, so I knew that wasn't the real deal. It's the hard ones that give me hope and all the while frustrating the heck out of me.

8 comments:

homeschooling Mama said...

I predict March 4
7lbs even
and 21 inches

Heather and Josh Wickern said...

I say March 6th, 7 lbs 9 ounces, 19.5 inches

Nikki Nichols said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki Nichols said...

March 2nd 7 hours labor (I hope its shorter)
7 lbs 5 oz 20 inches long.


I hope everything goes smoothly hun!!

Alicia said...

March 2nd, 7 lbs even, 21 inches, hairy, 8-9 hour labor

Ashley said...

I don't know anything about labor, so this will be ridiculous... but

March 10th (just kidding)
March 2nd
6 pounds 5 ounces
20 inches (is that long?)
2 hours of labor. (crossing our fingers)

Gina said...

March 3 if you're willing to chug some castor oil TODAY. :)
March 7 if not.
7 pounds even
20.5 inches
4 hour labor

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

March 5
7 pounds 2 oz.
20 inches.

I can't believe you're almost going to have a little baby! Ahh!