Monday, February 01, 2010

Just One Word

Well, now that it's February, I guess it's about time I say a little something about my "New Year's Resolution". But before I get too far, I should mention that I'm not a resolution maker. I think they are silly and usually something unrealistic. I am, however, a goal setter. It makes a whole lot more sense to me to always be making a little bit of progress and trying to be better in some area of life. So when I heard about a new type of New Year's Resolution, I knew it was for me. The rule - pick ONE WORD to focus on for the entire year. If one word is too tough to follow, a short phrase will also work (i.e. Be Still).

It's genius really. And after focusing on just one word throughout January, I'd say quite inspiring too. I feel like my goal-setting and follow through has been increased ten-fold in just the last month. I'm excited to see what the rest of the year will hold. And so, I announce my word for 2010...

LOVE


1 comment:

Ashley said...

That's a really great idea. I will have to think of something, although my one word to work on might be "EVERYTHING"! Anyway, I think you are already pretty good at that one.

SO, that is amazing that you found a wheat grinder! Richard's mom does that too and I've always wanted to try it. Maybe you'll have to show me! Grind away!