...well...no news, that's what!
Still pregnant.
There is good news to report though and that is that I'm still healthy and this baby boy is still healthy. That's good because it means I can keep ticking along without too much bother from the midwives.
I had one non-stress test on Friday and it went very well. They aren't worried at all based on those results. I have another one on Tuesday, and as hopeful as I am to not get that far, I'm not going to count on it either. I expect it will likewise have reassuring results.
So, in the meantime, I'm trying to stay on top of laundry, dishes, vacuuming and otherwise keeping our home nice and tidy. Just the usual end-of-pregnancy "nesting" paranoia that something might not be done and caught up when it's time to go and I will come home to a mess or disorder. Weird hormones.
Other than housework, we haven't been doing much. We are bored. I've tried to keep the girls busy, but I quit. I'm out of energy. And every time we go or do anything I blow up like a water balloon. So, cooped up it's been. I think we are ALL ready to be done with mom-being-pregnant. I know I sure am.
I'm even going to disagree with all the well-meaning people who say "At least they are so much easier to take care when you're pregnant." Yeah, well, I haven't slept more than an hour stretch for at least a month...I'd rather be nursing every 2-3. And I may not have diapers or spit up or another person crying, but my girls are usually crying over something so what's another scream here or there?! Plus, Liesl still wets her pants just about every day at least one time; what is a diaper compared to pee-on-the-floor? Not to mention the can-hardly-roll-over-in-bed situation or the dang-gotta-pick-something-up-off-the-floor dilemma.
Yeah, I will take a newborn over all of that in a heartbeat.
Oh, and labor...you know I've got it bad when I'm depressed over my contractions just not feeling strong enough and wishing I was experiencing all the misery of labor nausea and chills/hot flashes and all the other wonderful aspects that only happen simultaneously during a hard, fast labor. And every morning I wake up and nothing has changed, and I'm not in labor, makes me want to cover my head and stay there until I am.
7 days post-dates and counting...
And depending on the attitude undercutting this post, I'm really not doing too bad...but I'm really not doing great either. So, if this seemed super depressing, I'm much more cheerful than I let on. And if I seemed more upbeat than expected, don't worry, I'm still fairly disappointed. Whew! Glad we cleared that up.
3 comments:
Oh gosh, saw you had updated and thought I'd see a pic. Glad to hear your are upbeat and disappointed all at the same time. So are the rest of us that you haven't had that cutie baby yet. Hang in there sis! You are super woman!
Thanks for the update. Good luck with everything. Wish I could be there to pick up things off the floor for you and play with your girls! Miss you!
You have every right to be sulking in your soup, it is time for that little guy to come out already!
He will make his arrival any day now, in the mean time keep texting and keep me posted...
Post a Comment