I celebrated my due date today. And by celebrated, I really mean I endured the countless end-of-pregnancy questions all through church. No baby yet? How much longer? Any day now, right? When are they inducing you? And my favorite...How far dilated are you? You know, cause it's customary to tell other people about the status of your privates when you're 40 weeks pregnant, I guess. People are always shocked when I tell them I don't get my cervix checked so I have no idea. So, now you know too...I have no idea how much I'm dilated. I like it that way.
Really though, it could obviously be any day now. I don't have any clue as to how much longer. And there's clearly NO BABY YET! :) I was nice to people though, despite my inner-very-pregnant-grump-self and I got to hear lots of fun old lady (and some not-so-old) baby stories. I always love talking to the generations that actually know what it's like to go beyond the dreaded date of disappointment because back then, inductions just didn't happen.
So this is the home stretch and we will be waiting and waiting until this little boy makes his appearance on his own. Hopefully he makes it soon, because I know I'm not waiting patiently thus far and that's just bound to get worse. Even Liesl comes up to me multiple times a day, kisses my belly and says "Blaine, come out now!!" She must be feeling anxious too.
5 comments:
Oh Hailey! I loved this post. It's really funny when looking at it from this side :). I'll be honest, the Sunday the day before I was due I left church in the middle of Sunday School because I couldn't stop crying. So way to go enduring with a smile :).
I know it doesn't seem like it now, but I promise you that you really won't be pregnant forever! In fact, at this point he really will be here soon...but I know that's not a lot of comfort.
Good luck! I hope everything goes wonderfully and I can't wait to hear about it when he does decide to make his debut. Hang in there!
I was really hoping that my guess would be right. But I am so amazed by how patient you are, you may not think so, but talking to you over the past month while you endure day after day of contractions with nothing to show for them proves that you have patience when it comes to waiting for baby to come when he is ready.
The end is in sight, baby Blaine just wants to make sure he has as much hairs as his sisters did so he needs to cook for a few extra days :)
Love you, keep me posted on the baby happenings!
I think it's awesome you're letting little Blaine come one his own. Can't wait to see pictures of him!
Your so nice to be polite to everyone, I just smile and walk away. Im with you on letting babies come when they are ready, there's no reason to have them out until they are ready. Good luck with your delivery and can't wait to see pictures.
I LOVE the name "Blaine!" Good for you in waiting. I'm too selfish. :)
Post a Comment