Saturday, June 09, 2012

Pregnant and Counting Down

We're still around...well, I'm more just round than around, but we are all alive and well and that's what matters.  I have people begging for an update and some pregnancy pictures.  So here you go:

This is for you, Carrien (everyone else please avert your eyes lest they explode when you see my ginormousness) -- I'm still pregnant and have 6+ weeks left and I'm so done with this pregnancy despite it not being that difficult compared to my others.

30 weeks

20 weeks

I've had a number of emotional breakdowns in the last few weeks over the amount of time left being pregnant.  I'm not super miserable though and feel much better than my other pregnancies, so I should be happy and grateful and whatnot.  I think that having done this twice before already I know how long 6 weeks really is at the end of a pregnancy and it's wearing me down emotionally.

I usually have ridiculously painful round ligament pain, I haven't much pain at all in that regard.  Loving that!  I feel so full all the time (but hungry still) that I feel like my body and mind are at war.  And if I over eat even the slightest I'm miserable for hours.  Not loving that.  My heartburn is usual (doesn't matter what I do/take/eat, I've got it), maybe a little more than my first two; hard to say, really.  My esophageal sphincter just totally doesn't work when I'm pregnant.  My hips aren't out of whack like they normally get when I'm pregnant, so walking is still fairly comfortable.  It's been quite a nice change -- I can actually exercise still!!  My hips have started hurting when I've been on one side too long at night, resulting in the all-so-easy rollover.  Ha!  Oh, and baby hiccups.  I really hate baby hiccups when they are inside me!  Miriam had them all the time.  Liesl had them some, but not so much I thought I was going to lose my mind.  This baby...all. the. time.  And my least favorite part of pregnancy at this stage...sleeping, or rather NOT sleeping.  Between the heartburn and "fullness", my  hips falling asleep and aching all night, running out of comfortable sleeping positions and just general insomnia because my brain doesn't ever stop thinking about things, I have not been sleeping well.  It's turning me into a zombie.  A cranky one.

Let's just say that as much as I love being pregnant (and I really do because there are a lot of fun/exciting/interesting aspects to enjoy) I'm looking forward to being done and to having my body all to myself again for a while.  And to fitting into my skinny clothes!!  Cause man, oh man are my arms and legs and bum and face huge--the belly is a given!  Plus everything else in between.  And I really just want to meet this little boy and snuggle and love on him because I love, love, love squishy, newborn babies.

2 comments:

cself said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! My dear friend, holy crap you are carrying that little boy high :) And you look amazing by the way!

We are struggling with some of the same things... heartburn round the clock for me, doesn't matter what I eat or don't eat I have it. And the sleeping fiasco, I hear ya. I swear I am doing 8 point turns every half hour to keep my legs from falling asleep.

I miss you more than you know, and wish so badly we were in the same town experiencing all of the wonders of pregnancy together... and to work our butts off and motivate each other to loose it all like we did last spring!

You look amazing mama :)

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

You look really good, Haylee. I know it's not fast enough for you but your pregnancy has sure gone fast for me. I can't believe that you only have six weeks left, and then you'll be a mommy of three and a family of five. Crazy!!

Loved the update!