Sunday, April 22, 2012

Liesl Turns Two

We celebrated Liesl's birthday on her birthday which conveniently coincided with the monthly family gathering at Aunt Gina's house.  

Liesl love, love, loves cats (and most other animals -- good thing Aunt Wendy basically has a small farm for us to visit so often) so I figured a kitty cat cake was in order for her birthday.  


It was a good project, not too frustrating but with a fair amount of satisfaction by the finish.  The cake was strawberry with chocolate frosting. I was going for chocolate covered strawberry but it turned out more like chocolate frosted fake-strawberry flavor (think strawberry jello).  It was okay, but definitely not my favorite cake I've ever made.

I tried to get a picture of Liesl with the cake, but I got the silly "cheese" face.


And a messy hair picture too.  Well, at least it's true to real life for us.


We teach our kids early on to blow out matches and whatnot, so by the time they turn two, they are pros.


She loves all things sweet, so she ate loved the cake.


Liesl was given many fun toys and books for her birthday, including an animal sounds puzzle and a Noah's ark Little People set.



The hit of the evening was the birthday balloon from Grammy and Grampy.  She could have cared less what else was there!  Kids are funny.


 She was a happy girl that day just like usual.  And, boy does she love her Grampy (she still calls both Grammy and Grampy "Grammy" though).


2 comments:

cself said...

it is amazing to me in the side profile how much she looks like Miri... well she does in general but so much so from the side I though at first it was Miri until I read the commentary :) Very nice job on the cake, it looks adorable... and way to go on the not too much to tackle side of the cake. I was so much in that phase for Tylers birthday that he got an ice cream cake, lame I know. I miss you and need to see more posts to get my Hailee fix. (((HUGS)))

Danielle said...

The cake is soo cute! You did an awesome job!