Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's a.....



Cupcake?!


Hmm...better take a bite.  Maybe it has a message in it....








Is that a bit of BLUE I see in there?


Sure is!  And that means a little boy is joining our crazy crew.  Everyone is very excited.  Miriam didn't burst into tears or get upset or anything.  It could be because we made the announcement to her with a chocolate cupcake, but she didn't seem too upset despite wanting a sister rather than a brother.  She did try to convince me that "Heavenly Father was going to change His mind and send a sister instead" but that was the extent of the brother news so far.  We will see how the next few days and months play out with her.  I don't think Liesl cares one way or another, although I don't think she will like losing the baby spot one bit when that part comes around.  She doesn't really know that's come yet though, just that there is a baby in mama's tummy.

Everything else checked out great on the ultrasound too.  Nice and healthy so far.  And that's the best news to hear at an ultrasound anyway.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

Okay, so speaking of kids wanting the opposite thing. Melynn keeps saying things like, "When he turns into a girl he will need a dollhouse. When he's a girl he will need princess shoes. When the baby is a girl..." You get the picture. I'm not sure she understands that people don't change gender. Well, most people don't I guess.

cself said...

yay for little boys, miri will come to terms I'm sure. The worst that can come of it is she will tell you to take her brother back to kmart :) That is what my sister told my mom, to take me back to kmart because she wanted a brother. She will boss that little guy around like crazy and wont even realize she didn't get what she wanted :)

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Yay! Boy!!!!

Moe said...

Congratulations! That's exciting news.

Lara Zierke said...

Congrats! How fun!