I didn't throw Miriam a birthday party this year, but as per tradition, I made her a cool cake. She said she wanted a castle cake and although I could have made a castle cake by covering different types of ice cream cones with frosting and fondant to make the turrets, I went the lazy way and bought the Wilton Castle Cake Kit (with a 50% off craft store coupon of course). I'm glad I did because this cake was still plenty of work!
The pictures all turned out with the wrong color of purple. In real life it was a more pink tinted purple than the periwinkle the pictures show. There were a couple of casualties in the transfer to Aunt Gina's house, but overall it still looks pretty good. And, after all, it's meant for eating, so who cares if it's perfect?! Wow, I guess my children have toned down my perfectionism for a statement like that to come from my brain!
I tried to get a picture of Miriam WITH the cake and I got a whole bunch of this:
So, enjoy that beautiful collage of Miriam's silly faces.
We sang 'Happy Birthday' to her and she blew out her candles.
I forgot to remind her to make a wish, or to ask what she wished for. I'm sure if she had (and maybe she did) it would be something awesome like a baby brother/sister. That's what I wished for every birthday until I was 10 or so. Or maybe she wished for something less noisy like a new doll.
And she opened her presents.
She got some new wooden puzzles, playdough toys, a cute book and Grammy spoiled her with another doll. So now she has 3 babies. There's a lot of crying and diaper changes happening in her room these days.
Miriams birthday is New Year's Eve so she shared her evening with Gina and Scott's annual New Year's Fondue Party. It was pretty fun and I'm excited we were here for it this year. I'm a mean mom though (and Miriam doesn't really even know that New Year's Eve is something people celebrate for any reason other than her birthday, so we went home, put the girls to bed and then Owen and I were asleep before 10. We're lame. I love my lame life!! I wouldn't have it any other way. Staying up late gives me a headache!

No comments:
Post a Comment