Thursday, January 05, 2012

Children's Museum

I wanted to take Miriam to do something fun for her birthday since I wasn't doing a party or anything really spectacular for her this year, so we hit up one of the local children's museums.  Both girls loved it and Owen and I had a fun time watching them explore.

At the beginning of the museum was a "beanstalk" for the kids to climb while the parents took the stairs next to it.

Miriam milking the fake cow.  Apparently she needs some bigger clothes.
 The museum had this big turtle shell for kids to climb into and I tried to catch pictures of both girls while they were there but they are both fast turtles!  So this was the best I got.



Miriam working the doughnut machine.

Liesl adding doughnuts to run through the machine.
 Also at the start of the museum is this up and down worm climber thing.  While Liesl and I were waiting for Miriam to finish exploring everything with Owen, she tried this out.  She is quite the climber and loved it...until she couldn't figure out how to get back down.  Then she threw one of her awesome fits.  Owen and I sent Miriam in to bring her down (no parents allowed in -- lame).  After instructing Miriam on ways to push, pull and drag Liesl out, they both finally came down and we called it a day.


3 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

Happy Birthday, Miri! I can't believe she's FOUR.

cself said...

what a great way to celebrate Miri's birthday!!! Great pictures... Miri needs to teach Tyler how to give good smiles :)

Danielle said...

Next time you go to this museum, let me know! We will meet you there. We have a pass.