We've been working on her part for a couple of weeks and she knows it well, but she's a little stubborn and when she got up to the microphone she looked right at the Primary President with the "I need help" look so she didn't say it on her own for the actual program. Oh well, at least she can recite her line to me all day long. "I am thankful for Joseph Smith." I caught a video of it this morning before we left for church.
I also tried to grab a picture of her since I had gone though the effort to fight the hair battle. You know, the one where the child will do anything to avoid having their hair done (Heaven forbid Mom might comb the tangles --not to even mention the curling iron)? Well after nearly 30 minutes of wiggles, I got it combed and curled and slipped a bow in to keep it out of her face and I wanted a picture to prove it! Plus, I scored this adorable navy polka dot dress at a consignment sale and I think she's just precious in it. Here's how the photos turned out:
Miriam is slightly stubborn. These are seriously the best I could get! And since Liesl is Miriam's tag-along, she wanted in on the action too. After not even getting one child to cooperate, I knew my chances of a decent picture with both together was slim, so after just a few I got this one and called it good.
The picture may be lousy, but the girls sure are gorgeous and photogenic! Oh, and that little Liesl girl...two weeks ago was her first official day of nursery (we've been taking her in for a month or so, so she could warm-up to the idea or being away from mom and dad -- and then of course we were called to be the nursery leaders). Can't believe she's 18 months already!!

2 comments:
Miri's hair looks so cute. I can't believe Liesl is old enough to be in nursery. You have big kids now.
What tan, brown-haired beauties!!
Sweet and update :) And I have to say... I think it's funny you got called to nursery, ha ha! We sure miss you guys... Tyler had to watch the very short video of Miri a few times, lol... and he still is insistent on the fact that he will marry Mirium in the temple :)
Post a Comment