- Homemade soup is soooo much yummier when it's actually cold outside. We eat it at least once or twice a week.
- When there's a good dump of snow and the trees and everything are covered, it really is quite beautiful...as long as I get to stay inside and only see it from my windows. :)
- There seems to be more "time". Probably because I don't feel drawn outdoors. In fact, winter turns me into quite the recluse (not a good thing, I'll admit).
- Bugs are nearly nonexistent
- Along with the "beauty" of snow, we often get absolutely stunning hoar frost. If you've never experienced this wonder in person, I'm very sorry for you. I hope you see it one day!
- It is the norm to have white legs. I swear mine don't tan, ever! They used to, but sometime during my teen years my genes must have mutated and now they stay white, white, white.
- Being cold is the perfect excuse to have hot chocolate every. brrrr. freezing. cold. day.!
- My (lack 0f) fashion sense is no problem because sweaters and jeans are acceptable all winter long. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Winter is Wonderful
I'll be completely honest...I DO NOT ENJOY WINTER! And for me, January is the worst month of all the winter months. So, to get myself through the grind this year, I have tried to be more optimistic (but I'd say I'm doing a pretty lousy job at that even) and have been working on a list of "good stuff" that makes winter at least bearable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You sound like Lorena and I'm not far behind. I'm sure she could find you a house in Az!
Not AZ....I'll happily look for you in NC!
Here's one: It's so much more fun to snuggle up with your hubby when it's cold. In the summer time I'm usually so hot I don't want anyone to come near me.
Post a Comment