Monday, January 05, 2009

Full of Emotion

Tomorrow is my first day of student teaching. These words describe some of the many thoughts swirling around in my head at the moment.

Dread. Angst. Excitement.
Stress. Guilt. Surreality.
Eagerness.
Sadness. Impatience.
Exhaustion. Apprehension. Hope.

So, here goes... Wish me luck!

p.s. I have been incredibly busy and don't see things slowing down anytime soon. This considered, blogging may be sketchy for the next three months. In fact, I still have Christmas and birthday fun to post about. Hmm...we'll see if that gets done before April.

9 comments:

Gina said...

I love the new background...and I know that everything will go well for you! Yay for your last semester!!!

The Huzzey's said...

I loved my student teaching experience and it went by really fast. The first week was slow because I was observing but after that...I can't even remember what happened!! Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

The Cook Clan said...

I love your new blog decor! So cute. Good luck! I hope all goes well.

Kellie Henry said...

Good luck!

Danielle said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers! I know you will do beautifully and your students will adore you! I look forward to hearing all about it in 3 months!

roberta said...

Good luck Haily. Angie just graduated in December, and she said it was hard but great. She is doing a long term sub job at my school, and loves it. That is where she did her student teaching. Just remember "This to shall pass."
I am teaching a 5th/6th split class at the new school Discovery. If you need anything please feel free to call me. What grade are you doing at Falls Valley. I know your principal, and of course you know the teachers, it is a great school. Wow, you probably sat in some of those desk right there, and ate in the cafeteria, and now your a teacher.
GOOD LUCK and call me sometime, and I can maybe give you some ideas. I have taught many grades. Love ya, Your old singing teacher Roberta Inglet

The Riries said...

I didn't know you were student teaching! Good luck! You'll be great.

Hey, is Red Robin still set to open on Monday? I have been totally counting down to it. :) And if so, what do you think would be the most dead time to go? We were thinking like 3 p.m. or so. We love people, but don't want to have a huge wait, if possible. :)

Jeff, Nancy and Nathan said...

Don't worry student teaching is so fun. My teacher was great! Although I know not all teachers are the same. But it's like Tabbi said the first week is boring because you just listen and do what is asked. Then it's a lot of fun and hard work. I wish you all the best. Let us know how things go.

Tina Crowther said...

Hey, congratulations on student teaching. How is it going? Tough? Mine was... only because of morning sickness. Other than that I loved it! I live like right across the street from Falls Valley. What grade are you in? I'm sure Miriam is cuter than ever!